DSC is resolved to protect the environment by continuously looking at the entire life cycle of our actions in order to build a more sustainable organization. With a proactive approach, DSC has achieved a high standard of operation in our manufacturing facility:
- ISO 14001 environmental excellence, and
- ISO 9001 quality management standards. Quality and Environmental Policy
In keeping with the above, we seek ways to reduce our energy usage and actively promote a positive, responsible, integrated safety culture at all levels of the company through our Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) program. We meet, and where possible, exceed regulatory requirements. From R&D to delivery, our scientists test all products and processes for health, safety, and environmental impact.
DSC is an environmentally and socially responsible company. We’ve taken initiatives such as:
- Active participation in Community Awareness and Emergency Response (CAER)
- Public posting of our EH&S performance evaluation
- Our Supplier Sustainability Declaration, which sets out the standards and behaviours we require of our suppliers to improve conditions for workers and promote a cleaner environment for local communities.
- Our responsibility as an equal opportunity employee, and AODA compliant
- Our Supplier Terms and Conditions of Purchase, which contains information that pertains to either an individual order or to doing business with Digital Specialty Chemicals as a supplier.
DSC has received a Silver CSR Rating from EcoVadis
EcoVadis operates the 1st collaborative platform allowing companies to assess the environmental and social performance of their suppliers on a global basis. EcoVadis combines technology and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) expertise to deliver simple and reliable supplier scorecards, covering 150 purchasing categories and 21 CSR criteria.
About the assessment
The EcoVadis methodology framework assesses the policies and measures put in place as well as the reporting published by companies with regards to environmental, labor practices & human rights, fair business practices and sustainable procurement issues. The assessment conducted by CSR experts is made on the basis of the company answers to a survey which is dynamically adapted to their country, sector and size, on the basis of supporting documentation, and on public and stakeholder (NGOs, trade unions, press) information.
EnvironmentDigital Specialty Chemicals is in the TOP 28% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in the category Manufacture of other chemical products.
Fair Business PracticeDigital Specialty Chemicals is in the TOP 13% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in the category of Manufacture of other chemical products
Sustainable ProcurementDigital Specialty Chemicals is in the TOP 25% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in the category of Manufacture of other chemical products
OverallDigital Specilaty Chemicals is in the TOP 18% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in the category Manufacture of other chemical products
OverallDigital Specilaty Chemicals is in the TOP 15 % of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in all categories.